Re: Change of Devotee rules in TR!

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:14:53 -0000

This is how I view it. But some folks feel that since it "only" takes up 60% of their time, they are free to initiate to another god. But I guess its an artifact of RQ and rules-play rather than looking at the culture.

But we've finally got a big blue book of Heortling customs that we can use...

> If I ran a campaign that'd be something I change. If you're
> devoting yourself it's a huge step and it means you're
> devoting yourself to one god only.

That is pretty much what I thought the word devotion was.

> I mean, I don't like the thought of some twit devoting himself
> to 3 gods and figuring he can spend 90% of his time on
> business for various cults.

Well, Initiation to three... I have allowed that and then as time progressed, the hero in question slowly lost his other cults. He's not devoted to Odayla.

> As a devotee, I think it should be different. Cult business is it!
> This is your main focus in life, this is what you do, there's no
> "Sorry, can't make it"
>
> IMG and IMO, anyway.
>
> Harry.

Good points.