Re: Updating characters.

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:49:30 -0800

Frank worried

> You se I've got a player that has got a male Bevara cultist. Any
> suggestion on how to handle this particular problem? The character is
> very central in the campaign, so retirement is out the window.

  1. That's how they do it in his clan.
  2. Maybe it's not really Bevara, but a small clan-specific healing goddess who just happens to have similar affinities.
  3. He is such a powerful healer that he can transcend conventions. Who was going to stop him when he announced that he was going to become a Bevaran?
  4. In your game, Bevara is a goddess just as she was in Hero Wars, rather than an Ernalda subcult. Ernalda has enough subcults, she won't miss one.
  5. I think it may be the case that some gods are worshipped on their own and as a subcult -- I'm still not sure about Drogarsi, for example. (And isn't Harst still an Issaries subcult as well?) This may tie in to #1 -- in his clan, Bevara is really important, and is not considered a subcult.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein