Re: Leaving the hero plane

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:53:20 -0000

And don't forget you have ritual preparations. I'd imagine that every clan knows at least one very significant and powerful ritual to prepare the kids for initiation. I'd guess that a whole lot of the clan regalia doubles as implements for the ritual in most clans (what is more sacred than the items that help you carry on the clan?). I don't have time to invent a sample ritual right now, but I'd guess that +10 or more in the way of ritual bonusses would be normal. Heck, there may even be more than one ritual; if you do it only once every five years (for the boys) you can spend a week or so ahead of time doing intensive preparation.

> Its all in the preparations. Outlaws have trouble doing heroquests
> (which is probably a good thing -- I'd hate to see Gagarthi doing
> regular heroquests).

Unless of course they have some sort of Lunar backing.....and that could make for a very interesting adventure seed or three.

--Bryan