Re: Dual Magic Keywords

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:25:15 -0000

I dnd't even SEE that.

He can have 1 devotion. The other is Initiation to a subcult. Right.

Ignore my previous post. =)

> I don't have TR with me, so this is off the top of my head.
The character
> gets the 3 Affinities (and the associated feats) from their
devotional sub
> cult. From the subcult they are initiated to, they get the three
affinities
> (no feats). Now I get a little shaky; no doubt someone will correct
me if I
> err.

Right so far.

> Any "stand alone feats" not connected to an affinity are lost.
This is a
> penalty for mixing and matching aspects and subcults -- the mythic
powers

It MAY be lost. They may be granted as stand alone IF the Narrator feels its warranted if they are devotees. But if they are from an _initiation_, then no. IF the feats from the initiatied subcult DO fit into an affinity he has as devotee, I'd give him the extra affinities.

> don't line up in a usable way. Alternately, you can let them have
the feats
> if they are a devotee to that subcult, but they have to be raised as
> separate skills. However, if the initiatory subcult and the
devotional
> subcult share an affinity (say Storm), the character would get to
use the
> feats from the initiatory subcult as well (their Storm affinity is
at
> devotional level, so they get feats, no matter their depth of
involvement
> to the subcult).

Thanks for catching that. Oops!

Jeff