Re: Re: About Anaxials Roster, and the otherworlds

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:06:54 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> > > I'm having some problems with this. Mainly with the abilities that
> > deal
> > > with such things as strenght, speed and size.
> >
> > Use Common Sense. That's what everyone else is doing.
> >
> > Jeff
>
> ?? Ok, I assume that wasn't meant to be as insulting as it sounds.
>
> Still, it's not a terribly useful advice.

Perhaps you would get more helpful advice if this was your first dig at Anaxial's Roster? I don't know if you mean it to, but it is starting to come over as some sort of personal crusade.

Anyway, to try to answer the question seriously, I rule that humans (etc.) are Large/Small 6 regardless of world. Other beings can alter size depending on their status. In other words, if a being is significantly magical/tied to an other worldly realm they can indeed appear larger or smaller. Thus the sky warriors in your example would appear (and in game terms be) larger, stronger, quicker, etc. in Yelm's court than they are in the mundane world, and likewise smaller, etc. in, say, Orlanth's Hall. This would probably not be perceived to the same degree as a straight reading of the chart might suggest - the mortal mind is not designed to comprehend the other side directly, and some distortion is only to be expected.

In the case, your Glorantha may vary quite a lot.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net