Re: Leave it alone!!!

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:39:19 -0000

Jeff writes:

> Just making sure IN THE RULES of 2nd ed that there's a good example
> of how to deal with a player who's got a 'strong' and trying to use
> it everywhere would probably be the best approach.

Perhaps 'smart' would be a better example than 'strong'. I too would prefer to see a good example or set of examples of how Narrators can limit "overly-broad" abilities with improv. penalties and the like, rather than an overhaul of the basic rules to create Characteristics and/or Prime Requisites for Hero Wars (with defined skill trees for named abilities, set penalties for broad abilities, etc.).

I am *sure* something like this used to be in the playtest draft, and will look it up later to see if my memory has a huge hole in it or not.

Cheers, Nick