Re: Re: Logarithmic Add Ons

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:00:24 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Nick Brooke wrote:

> I fear two arguments were being conflated and wrongly dismissed.
>
> On the one hand, many people were (IMO correctly) saying that Lunar
> Magic being weaker inside the Glowline than outside it at the Full
> Moon is wrong in the light of all our Gloranthan experience.

It makes more sense. A bit like making direct current from alternating current. you balance the ebb with the high power.

I for one don't mind. They shouldn't get maximum power from trying to cheat on the cyclic principle so important to their religion.

> On the other hand, many people were (IMO also correctly) pointing out
> that multiplying a logarithmic ability is the path to howling madness.

It does make them _really_ scary on full moon... haven't really ran into problem with it though.

What's your suggestion Nick?

+/- 1 mastery level?

The problem is, parhaps, that a fixed penalty/bonus will either be rather staggering at the lower levels, or insignificant at the high levels. Not a good thing either.

        -Adept