Re: heroband wyter

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:31:28 -0000

> - does a wyter still have some residual presence in the Otherworld
(s) or is it
> intirely present in his 'incarnation' : animal, object, whatever ?

Really powerful ones might in effect form their own 'short world', and they will have links (eg, if your guardian is a clan ancestor, s/he will still have contacts with the others), but essentially I'd say that it 'exists' in the incarnation if it manifests itself, but if it simply provides spell-like powers, then it still resides in its home Otherworld.

> - for a group wyter, what does it sense ? The proximity of each
and every member ?

Obviously, groups ma vary, but generally I'd expect so. At least a sense of 'near, far or beyond this world'.

> - to obtain the defense and blessings, is that enough to feel
like 'part of the communauty' or does a new member need some kind of ceremony (and the same for quitting)

There has to be some definite ritual to bind the new members to the group, as well as certain taboos or obligations to retain access to the magical powers of the guardian being.

> - what about heroquesting in group ? Can they bring their new
wyter with them ?
> (my answer would be yes, but...)

I'd say yes, but... too. I imagine this would be a gamble - indeed, it would make an interesting Quest Challenge to stake the wyter and thus the entire cohesion and fate of the hero band!

> - can powerful magics cut them from their wyter (without stealing
it) ?

I don't see why not.

> - would a wyter lose its powers if it goes with the heroes in some
far place on
> the godplane ?

Who knows what powers or magics you can meet Out There. I imagine Alien World penalties would apply where appropriate.

FWIW, I understand that hero bands and guardian entities are going to be a much more central theme in HW2, with more detailed guidelines on acquiring and using them.

Good luck!

Mark

Mark Galeotti