Re: Which holds most population among these cities?

From: moonbroth <Nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:59:33 -0000

TI asked:

> In modern Glorantha, do you know which city holds most population?

Our Lunar propaganda publications claim that Glamour has a population of *exactly* one million, some of whom are humans (i.e. they have included unquantifiable hordes of spirits, daimones, essences and the like to make up the numbers to something Round and Significant).

I suspect the same was true of Raibanth, when it was capital of the Dara Happan empire, but that its population has declined as Glamour grew (compare Babylon => Ctesiphon => Baghdad).

> And about in the past (imperial age), what do you think it?

I think Sog City in its Jrusteli heyday would have been comparable. Nowadays, large swathes of that city appear to be deserted ruins.

Cheers, Nick