Re: Which holds most population among these cities?

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:31:19 -0000

> Our Lunar propaganda publications claim that Glamour has a
population
> of *exactly* one million, some of whom are humans (i.e. they have
> included unquantifiable hordes of spirits, daimones, essences and
the
> like to make up the numbers to something Round and Significant).

As far as Lunar Map of Wesley and Martin indicated, there are six other Lunar Sacred Cities (its population around 1,000)surrounded the Crater and made a magical (psychic?) circle. Marion said Glamour is Zayteneras City with others and the Population of Genertela Book (500,000) indicates the total of them.

> I suspect the same was true of Raibanth, when it was capital of the
> Dara Happan empire, but that its population has declined as Glamour
> grew (compare Babylon => Ctesiphon => Baghdad).

But I should consider about the population of greek polis Free-states age, (though its population is low, in Bronze Age Glorantha, such number is more suitable. And not as Mesopotamia or Egypt, in fertile Peloria, such like place of dense populated aren't needed.)

I rather want to think about the comparison between Raibanth and Constantinople. Its population was over 1,000,000 in the Pinnacle of Byzantine Empire. But early 9th Century, the population declined to 250,000. And Efendi taught me there was only 5,000 in 1453.

> I think Sog City in its Jrusteli heyday would have been comparable.
> Nowadays, large swathes of that city appear to be deserted ruins.

As Harrek did in Sog City, I think Yuthuppa was much devastated by the Two Great battles between Lunars and Horse Nomads in the Campaign of Sheng. (Please read Redline History)