Re: Ratuki

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 23:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

> > That does make some very good sense. Not the least as it also
> > gives the Ratuki an excellent reason to loot and plunder and
> > take captives: if Ratuk doesn't respond well to sacrifice,
> > they have to sacrifice proportionally more to get a decent
> > return.
>
> It would give them a considerably better reason to become animists,
> though. Given that there are only four basic methods, it hardly
sounds
> like rocket science to work out "which" they ought to be.

Who would have taught them? The Tamanjaryans worshipped Tomikaratra and turned to Ratuk when the island sunk. If their original worship was theistic they may not have known how to do animism. So Ratuk needs more sacirice to be happy and give you magic? Well, he is a fierce and rapacious god.

But I get the point. This needs more thought...

Nils Weinander

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness http://health.yahoo.com