Re: Re: Re: Humakti acceptability

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:49:23 EDT

Wulf wrote:
<< D&D became famous for it's multitude
 of monsters & magic items, now HW/HQ is doing the same with lists of  Affinities & Feats. >>

The difference as I see it is that the multitude of monsters was done in a long winded way whereas it is not really possible to describe affinities or feats in less words than they already are. To me they are triggers to the imagination, (as D&D monsters were in their own way) done in more word-efficient way.

I can see Wulf's point but feel that the many cults and subcults and aspects give me the freedom to come up with even more variations on a theme. If there were one monolithic Orlanth cult and everyone in Sartar was in it it would be a bit monotonous.

As an aside, am I the only Glorantha fan who thinks that Humakt is one of the most tedious cults that recieves an incredible amount of bandwidth for the relatively few psychopathic and dangerous fanatics who are in the thrall of Death?

Keith