Re: Re: Humakti acceptability

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 01:56:41 +0100

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 01:35:06 +0100, Harry Sigerson <h.sigerson_at_...> wrote:

>An interesting comment on the payability of both Storm Bull/Urox and
>Humakt characters. Like Mikko I've run games with both and, done well,
>found they gave an edge to the game.

I intend to start using one of my own characters in much the same manner as of this weekend. She's always been known as being unbalanced & violent, and immensely powerful (I've been playing the character since RQ1, she's got quite a bit of history, despite being 'rewritten' for HW), but has only rarely really proven it ("Why did you stick a fireblade in your own party member's back?" "He got between me and the Troll"). Without actually fulfilling that threat, when pressed, the character is watered down too much to be taken seriously, as would any Humakti, Babs Gori or Uroxi.

it's one thing I've learned from Live RolePlaying particularly. When several people actually stand around yelling at one another wielding weapons (even latex and foam ones), it's immensely easy to immerse yourself in the feeling of threat. Sitting around a table, acting more civilised, it's far harder. I don't intend to start yelling and throwing things, however :-)

Wulf