Re: Re: Humakti acceptability

From: Harry Sigerson <h.sigerson_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 01:35:06 +0100

An interesting comment on the payability of both Storm Bull/Urox and Humakt characters. Like Mikko I've run games with both and, done well, found they gave an edge to the game. The Uroxi required his colleagues to act as almost constant intermediaries with anyone not Praxian (Praxians knew better than to even get involved with him), which made for some superb moments in play! Just as I occasionally didn't let the players away with a flippant aside the Uroxi player would do the same to me. I spent my whole time walking on eggshells and the others would have to take regular holidays from him. On the other hand he was devoted to Chalana Arroy healers who could talk to him in any tone they liked!

Similarly, I had a pair of swordbrothers who took their devotion to the truth and following their code of honour to extrodinary lengths and to the great embarassment of the others. All three were better but not necessarily far superior to the others in combat, what made them scary was the fact that they would go the full fiften rounds often over nothing at all. The dedication of the two players whose characters they were, to moving the story forward not just causing trouble, was what allowed them to fit into the flow of the gaming.

Regards,

Harry Sigerson