The opposition, publishing

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:00:23 -0000

Benedict Adamson writes:

"People are already playing HW and don't seem to have problems
creating opposition for their episodes. ... The write ups in HW:AiG should be terse enough for you."

This proves that we don't need deep depth on 100s of cults to play HW. For relatively rare/"unimportant" cults, (e.g. Avarnia) put in one sentence and trust the creativity of the players and GMs for the rest. This would free up time to provide more depth on cults that players or the opposition are likely to be in (Yanafal, 7 Mothers, Etyries for example). (It's "too late" to affect the Heortling books much, so I concentrated on Lunar cults in these examples)

"The truth is, for medium powered Heortlings, the opposition are...
OTHER HEORTLINGS." Maybe I'm coming from too much from the old White Bear / Red Moon days, but the title of this game is Hero Wars, not Mid-Level Cattle Raids. I seem to be in the minority here.

"Your posts are negative"

Sorry, but that's how egroups tend to work. People perk up when they have questions, or if they see something they disagree with. IMO, this particular group is unusually unable to accept criticism and hounds away a lot of bright people who care deeply about Glorantha.