Re: Greg's Comments

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:48:17 -0000

Wulf,

Let's liken the Humakti to some elite special counter-terrorism team. The "dead-man" analogy even works if you follow something like the Dirty Dozen, Femme Nikita, etc. Works for me, and sometimes you need them.

But, if our Special Forces were
a) readily recognizable (unlike Nikita, CIA, James Bond) b) psychopaths who often kill apparently innocent clan members

There could be some interesting conspiracy debates, but I doubt if modern-day people would put up with this. As for Heortlings, it's true that the dangers from Undead/Chaos/etc. are higher than the real world, but their clan ties are also much higher than the real world. Eurmali are tolerated cause they tend to do less damage and have explicitly accepted the hegemony of Orlanth. In the new scheme of things, Humakti do more damage and don't have any "obey Orlanth" clause. (Am I missing something?) Even Uroxi are better, at least they only kill innocents when drunk...

A final point - geez, 3 cults of obnoxious out of control PCs (Eurmal, Humakht and Storm Bull?)