Re: Re: Disciple Questions

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:56:05 -0700

> >> even if the skill is not a magical one?
> >
> >Yes. Or what is the difference in Glorantha between magical and
> >mundane...?
> >
> >> In my campaign one of the heroes has Crossbow 5WWW, but I've never
> >> suggested that it can be inferred by the way in which he snoozes...
> >
> >In my opinion, people could "see" that this was a combat expert and
> >might be able to perceive that it was ranged combat. They would not
> >be able to perceive that it was crossbow.
>
> A crossbow is a bad example, but the freaking huge weapon slung across
> his back would probably be a give away. Especially in a Heortling area
> where normal people don't have such things.

Certainly when he points it at you! A "mere" w3 might not kick off a "This guy is special" alert until he started using it, while a w5 might scream at you while he is still a ways away and not thinking about it.

A disciple would count as "using it" all the time, even if he wasn't consciously thinking of doing anything. (A Humakti Disciple probably kills bedbugs and fleas in his sleep, a popular guest at some roadside inns!)

RR