Re: Lunar heroquester and cyclical effects on magic

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 03:10:20 -0000

I can't say anything confirmingly without ILH. Lunars Gods are mortal heroes and their worshippers go to the Surface of the Moon on their ritual.

HW 1st mentioned only Lunarized Dara Happans. Most of them are communal worshippers. They might not need to HQ in Hero Plane. (At least in the Rule boundary.)

> I guess related is if I go back to the Darkness to a point where
my
> god is dead (I'm say a vingkotling huddled in my hill fort) do I
get
> no magic (like in Orlanth is Dead, because Orlanth is dead now or
> Ernalda is sleeping), because my god cannot be contacted. Is part
of
> what these sruvival stories are about:H ow we survived when we had
> magic from the gods, and how we got it back?

Heortlings often represent their gods while their HQ. They are not worshippers in HQ, they role and play gods. So they can use their magic as a god or a petty god like Korol in Storm Age.

About Lunars, like Valare Addi in Gods Age? Please don't let me go forward in HW mailing list. But I can say they can use far more experimental method while Heortlings under the Godlearner phobia.

TI