Re: Get that book...

From: montclaris <r.sapin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 23:58:24 -0000

Sorry i hadn't seen this one.

I quite agree with the whole except for this last mind. According to me, Vadrus isn't dead more than Orlanth was before the events described in OiD. Vadrus receives collateral worship from the Orlanthi (and the Gagarthi ?) and is "alive" as long as he exists in some of their myth (ie alive in some Ages). After all, what does "beeing alive" mean to a god.

I think what happens to Orlanth after starbrows rebellion goes really farther than what happened to Vadrus. Perhaps we could draw a parallel with the destruction of a clan. It takes more than killing all is members to eradicate a clan, because you will never find all his ancestor's relative. You have to use very powerful magic (see in KoS the story of the Karandoli).

I really don't now more as you do on the topic. What is the inner significance of the death of Orlanth. It might be more of a clash in the Cosmos rules. The myths are still there but they are wandering around in the OtherWorld like a boat whose adrift was broken. Any suggestions?