Re: Diciple and a magic contest

From: Philipp Grawe <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 04:05:26 -0000

> It's just the question of Humakt and Orlanth here that worries me. The
> brothers were separated over death and storm. Would the humakti end up
> waekening his connection with Death by regaining Storm?

Nah, he's still a Disciple. Reading between the lines in the various stories about capital-H-heroes, I think there comes a point where you start to gain powers which your god does not necessarily grant you. We know that it is possible for humans to change the nature of gods and cults (cf. Arkat and God Learners), so why shouldn't a PC be able to start down that path.

Keep in mind what the Hero Wars rules say. If there's no real reason to say "no" to something, say "yes".

> There's also the question of how do the other orlanthi view a humakt
> deciple that can also command the winds...

Probably not too much different than "ordinary" Humakti Disciples. There comes a level of scariness where you simply stand back at a safe distance and watch in awe.

Harry.