Re: Blackhorse numbers - clarification

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...> <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:32:45 -0000

Because its been canonical from the days of White Bear & Red Moon?

> Possibly once summoned (well, birthed apparently) the demons don't
age,
> but most if not all of Ehilrists men propably are mortal. I can see
how
> the feodal structure would keep him with a ready and trained body of
> knights and cavalry (in the numbers I suggested), but why and how
would
> Ehilrist train thousands of knights every few decades and how does
he
> keep them with him.

Not really. The land is too small. And I think that the power of the BHT lies in the Mounts NOT in the Riders. Reading up on their too-too brief entry in HW:RPiG is enlightening - I really think the Riders are more superfluious than a player character might to admit.

Personally, I'd rather have a cool reason rather than a boring-yet-another-pseudo-feudal-serf-society.

> More a question of the evolution of tactics than what's possible and
> what's not, I think.

...and veering close to a digest level topic, I suppose.

> Sort of, yes. But I'd think stirrups would come from Pent, if they
have
> been invented already.
>
> -Adept

>From the west, it seems. Remember how _conservative_ the Pent and