Re: Re: Scenario idea

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:28:47 -0400

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:51:25 -0700, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson"
> <rjremr_at_...> wrote:
>
> >> It'd involve some Narrator fudging, I'd think. Normally, I'd say the
> >> initiate wouldn't be in the Otherworld on her own (others would be
> >> playing the other parts in the ritual), but it's Narrator's call.
> >
> >Not at all. *All* initiations have parts which take place on the Other Side.
> >That's where the Orlanthi kids were ambushed by Lokmayadan.
>
> I had assumed most, if not all, initiations would involve other
> worshippers taking on the various roles in the ritual (as portrayed in
> KoDP a few times), acting as the gods, heroes, etc. Leaving the
> uninitiated alone to figure things out themselves seems a bit risky.
>
> Wulf

To some extent, this is true. But in the end, you meet the God and make your bargain. And the more one tries to control such a ritual through proxies, the less power it has. Conversely, something wild and crazy like Harmast's initiation resulted in him going very, very far astray and very, very deep into the God Plane.

Deep enough to have a personal experience with the Great Ones...

Jeff