Re: Dungeons & Hoomanz

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 02:05:20 +0300

Antonio wrote:

> Well, this is the basic idea. A strange and evil and implausible
> hooman group of adventurers (in fact, a lunar vexilla, i'm not sure
> if they are all humans)

A couple of Lunarized uz (from one of the uz associations or vexilla) might be "loaned" to 'em, if that provides a useful plot hook for you (or Mostali). Also helps explain Lunar success -- frankly, unless this is a *very* powerful vexilla or a weak clan (or the Lunars have surprise on their side), I'd think a vexilla going into a cave system would be slaughtered. (They could, of course, be a vexilla of tunnel fighters; need an excuse why the Loonies would have one, though).

Feed 'em to Zugorteg, that's what I say. : )

> I've stopped here. I think the vexilla are not merely thieves, so
> they are looking for something else, or they are part in some
> conspiration. What are they looking for? Why are they attacking uz
> lands?

Some possibilities, off my head (and assuing this is set in Dagori Inkarth);

Dunno, something here might spark an idea for you.

> In the hooman settlement, I think there will be complications and
> difficulties with the original plan. Any ideas?

For bonus fun, if the uz go to the hooman settlement, it's always possible that the *Sartarites* respond not by saying, "Foul Lunars! We will help you against them," but say, "What, cool magic artifacts?! Sweet! Quick, get out tha raidin' gear! We're a-goin' theivin'!" Sartarites are just as bad as Lunars in any uz's book.

You could also try to "reverse" normal characteristics -- the humans are weird and inscrutable, and the uz have to try and figure out their weird ways. The humans might demand the uz do some deed or test to show they're trustworthy. Etc.