Re: Re: Dungeons & Hoomanz

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:28:47 +0300

> Perhaps they have a D&D-like-very-munchkin magical item for that
> problem, and this is part of the mystery: 'Our trackers are unable to
> find the hoomanz, they seem to disappear of the world, where are
> they? Go out and look for responses'.

The big problem is the caves, but maybe that's the good hook: the Loonies have some jazzy device /magic that nullifies the uz's advantages in cave fighting, and the uz hope the Sartarites can help. Say, the Loonies have some weird mist uz can't see through (but maybe storm magics could blow through); or a strange wind that stuns uz defenders; or something of that ilk. They go to the Local Sartarites to ask about weird storm magics, etc.

Though I like Andr�'s suggestion, because it shows what treacherous bastards those Sartarites are. What perfect fodder for uz conspiracy theories... "I ain't never seen no Loonar Empire, but them Vingas all gots red hair -- I sez they's just dressin' up in fereign armer and tryin' ter fool us. Ain't a-gonna fool my militia, no sir! Damn Sartarites! They'll a-pry my mace from my warm, dead hand!"

cheers,

James