Re: White Moon HQ

From: Gavin Kenny <Gavken_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:34:14 -0000

First of all thank you for everyone who have replied to the thread. You guys and girls have come up with some really good stuff that I wouldn't have though of and the link to the explanation of the moons was very useful. I will of course get back to you once it's all resolved, but it may take a month or two to play out as we only play once a week and I guess we'll be winding the campaign up early in the new year.

My original intent was for the Humakti to bring the death of the Red Moon for the rising of the White, but I really like the idea raised of him bringing about the death of the death aspect of the Red Moon. In a similar way the Yelmalian could represent the separation of the Dara Happans from the Lunar empire. The Opilli worshipper could represent the rejection of civil authority of the Red Moon. I guess the only conflict in the quest will be at the start with the Humakti, all the remainder will be peaceful, which may be a hard concept to keep to for my group.

As to why they would do this. The group all have individual reasons to hate the Lunar Empire, and they have not really looked at the consequences of doing this. They are very used to more RQ style games and to an extent are following plot. I could be very sneaky and have this all being a Lunar ruse as was mentioned by someone earlier, possibly to re-inforce the Wedding of Pavis to the Red Moon.

The other thing people don't know is that I have another plot ongoing whereby the group are seeking to protect three children named in a prophecy who will protect a future Satarite King. Two of the children are born of the players (through verious tortuious and intersting events) and the third will be born of a Lunar Priestess. Now the group believe that the child will be born of the White Moon Goddess they have rescued - if she was a Lunar plant this could be very interesting.

My original intent was that there were a cell of 7 White Moon Priestesses all performing the Heroquest throughout the Empire to encourage the White Moon to replace the Red and thus speed up the decline of the Empire. This will make the players feel they have participated in the downfall of the Empire even though it hasn't fallen yet.

I'm still not entirely clear on whether it's possible to get other non cult worshippers to lend support to the Heroquest, but in a situation where there aren't really many workshippers this must start somewhere. Perhaps I can get the old Pavis temple records to show the Opilli worshipper that the White moon was one of the peaceful Gods who was at one with Pavis in the creation of the city of Harmony.

Many thanks again to all who replied. I will post again once this is all played out.

Gavin.