Re: Re: D'oh

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:53:41 +0000

Osentalka_at_... writes:

>I know that a lot of potential buyers of HQ will look at the other books
>available. Most gamemasters need scenarios. Scenarios sell rulebooks!

Curiously, Steve Jackson Games have reached the exact opposite conclusion. Sourcebooks sell rulebooks. Scenario books tend not to be cost-effective.

(Personally, I think a well- written scenario can shed even more light on a culture than a sourcebook, since it shows what the society is actually like to interact with at the ground level. "Show, not tell", in fact. Of course ideally we want both :) )

Stephen