Re: Magic in Glorantha?

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:32:37 -0500

At 9:19 PM +0000 2/4/04, jeffrichard68 wrote:
>In my Glorantha, magic is inextricably woven into Gloranthan
>societies - an Issaries trader will invoke the feats and affinities
>of Issaries to sell his wares. A Lhankhor Mhy lawspeaker will use
>his Find Precedent feat. When the earth is tough, the Barntar
>farmer will use his Agriculture affinity to break through it.

        Exactly. It's a magical world; magic should be used. It's worth remembering that devotees are probably not super-common among NPCs -- there are plenty of Issaries merchants who are initiates and who augment mundane abilities rather than improvising feats, especially when people have Common Magic to call on -- surely there are spells, feats, and charms to ward off pushy merchants....

Peter Larsen