Re: Re: Ahh! Assistance needed from experts!

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:18:08 -0500

At 08:52 AM 2/19/2004 +0000, Ian Cooper wrote:
>The Thunder Brothers

         I like this, but I think the Thunder Brothers wouldn't be all about combat -- they should give feats that are helpful to men in their everyday lives. Which includes combat stuff (but maybe not so much to make belonging to a combat subcult for warriors unnecessary, but maybe also Long-Winded, Strong, Take Care of Business, Bring Home the Bacon, Support Good Leaders, and so on. The Weaver Women can provide similar feats for the women.

         As an alternative, maybe the Common Magic should be the Storm Tribe which would offer some charms (Appease Spirit, Call for Kolating), some talents (those Flesh Man things), and some feats (TB/WW). The exact mix would depend on the traditions of the tribe and clan. If your clan is descended from Hedkoranth, maybe you get Aid Sling and Hail Somewhere Else. Abilities held by the wyter might also be reflected here -- not because you are worshipping the wyter but because some ancestor learned the trick a long time ago. Your wyter has Sense Dara Happan and Fight Dara Happan, maybe the Storm Tribe magic would include Protect from Sun....

Peter Larsen