No common magic feats for Heortlings [was: Heortling Collectives for Common Magic]

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:15:55 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2004-02-22-1305.

I thought that theistic homelands had very few feats as Common Magic having more spells, talents and charms instead. The whole point was that if someone wanted feats they could initate into a 'proper' cult. If they concentrate on theistic magic they would have to give up most of their CM. Good MGF there as players will have some painful choices to make; cheaper magic per HP but losing all use of cool CM or keeping their CM but struggle to improve their major powers.

The same would apply for Wizardry or Animist Homelands. Wizardy homelands only have CM feats, talents and charms mostly. Animist homelands only have CM feats, talents and spells mostly.

Or am I off the mark here?

Now what happens with mixed magic homelands? Access All Areas?

bethexton_at_... wrote:
> The Boar Society

[SNIP]
> Talents: be independent, endure weather, endure hunger.
> Feats: charge foe, find hidden food, fight anything.
> Charms: eat rotten food, ignore pain, scent food nearby.
>
> Old Cloud Society

[SNIP]
> Talents: avoid otherworld snares.
> Feats: fertile coupling, go downhill.
> Charms: lead sheep, enjoy rain.
> Spells: Talk to cloud, assess water.
>
> My Horns Society

[SNIP]
> Talents: fight for my family, shame bull.
> Feats: toss attacker, kick hard, protect child, stand ground.
>
> Seven Sons Society

[SNIP]
> Talents: go without food, go without heat, support my brother, don't
> quit yet.
> Feats: make tool into weapon, hurt you more than me, fight beside
> death, build with snow
> Charms: sidestep bad luck
> Spell: find every crumb
>
> Deep Shadows Society

[SNIP]
> Talents: hide scraps, walk through darkness
> Feats: obey deeper darkness
> Charm: don't be tasty
> Spell: read rocks by touch

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS

darransims_at_...
darren.sims_at_derby.gov.uk

Go to Continuum! NOW!!!
http://www.continuum.uk.net
For the Yahoo Group goto:
continuum2004-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com