Re: New Character Questions

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:08:27 -0000

No problem. Ironic that I mixed up Oranor and Orathorn in the same post.

> The Orathorn idea has definitely possibilities. I had read about
> the Nights of Horror, but had not thought about how a group of
> sorcerers might reject that idea and form a group decidated to
> preventing such events going forward. I think I might go with this,
> since it gets us in the right place, and also provides a nice
> jumping off place for the characters in terms of what pholsiphies we
> disagree with right off the bat.

I'd check the archives here. Seems like someone wrote something pretty extensive on Orathorn at some point--stuff that was all new to me. I barely recall it, but I think the Orathorn sorcerers are pretty mixed up with the powers of hell, using undead yet still managing some strange moral ambivilance that makes them less objectionable than Delecti. Or was it that they were on the cusp of life and death?

Being involved with hell powers means that most anything can work its sneaky way into their membership over time--even a movement like the ones your heroes want to be part of--one that would ulitmately threaten Orathorn itself.

> You're right about the point that Lunar involvement might be hidden
> from the sorcerers at the beginning, which could make for an
> interesting storyline further along in the campaign.

And of course, the Lunars know their way around hell pretty well....

Mike Dawson
http://differentgames.onestop.net