Re: Dream walking?

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:28:38 -0000

But more seriously, there is another big issue: No kids. Clans need kids to be the next generation. Even if a Vingan did desire to get married, what clan is willing to part with a bride price for someone who is infertile and will bring no kids to the clan? Not just that, she ties up a young man who also won't have any kids. I can imagine rather a lot of screaming and arguing when a young man and a Vingan manage to fall in love and really want to get married. (With a lot of the oldsters saying "look, we really don't care how many times you mess around behind the hay bin, and neither do her people. Without kids there isn't any point in a marriage anyway. So why should we part with these cows again?")

--Bryan