Re: Distances? Trave Rates!

From: Kevin McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:58:30 -0000

Jeff wrote:
> Distance from point a-b aside, I'm more interested in travel rates by
> foot, horse, cart and boat. Sadly, we don't have those to date in a
> HeroQuest or HeroWars product - at least, nothing I could find.

ILH-1 page 12:
A man walking = 15-20 miles per day (MPD) on a good road. Horse & Cart = 15-30 MPD on a good road, depending on load. A man on horseback = 15-30 MPD on a good road, more with remounts. A riverboat = 70-100 MPD with current, half against. A moonboat = 150-300 MPD, more depending on magical assistance.

These speeds are described as being a relatively comfortable day's travel, Yelm-rise to Yelm-set.

I hope this helps!

~Kevin McD