Re: Cool stuff and NPCs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:32:12 +0100 (BST)

> I haven't noticed many of the NPCs using fabled
> weapons or armour or even just looking hard coz
> they've got iron.
>
> I used to use iron, and other rune metals, in RQ as
> an obvious sign to the players that the person was
> experienced and probably a difficult opponent.

Remember that in RQ, *enchanted* iron had no effect on your magic - that was the point of enchanting it! HQ iron wrecks your magic, enchanted or not. I'm not surprised hardly anyone's using it.

But the fabled weapons and other Cool bits - yes, it's a bit sad, isn't it? Presumably just down to lack of space. Their weapons do have names, they're just not recorded. And the bonuses are presumably all subsumed in that "warrior 10W2" keyword.

Jane Williams