Re: Re: Cool stuff & NPCs

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:34:59 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Henk Langeveld wrote:

> Famous scene from Ghandi, with Ben Kingsley. The british try to charge
> to disperse the crowd and Ghandi instructs everyone to kneel down. The
> horses (light cavalry) stop.
>
> A trained warhorse is supposed to be different. It was trained to
> suppress that instinct. A warhorse is a weapon. I don't know if
> there're still many of those around these days.
>
> Cheers,
> Henk

There's supposed to be a good book around on the subject "The Medieval Warhorse", or something like that. Does somebody happen to own that?

        -Adept

PS. As far as I know the "warhorse" that kicks and bites in combat is a b-fantasy myth. Suvi, that knows a lot about horses suspects that the secret of a knights horse charging a wall of humans lies mostly in the wicked spurs that the knights use on them.