Re: Balazar

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:39:24 +0200

Roland:

>I've been considering setting the campaign in an earlier timeframe
>(say, 1614 or thereabouts) and sending them a vision leading them to
>recover the Windsword. That led me to reexamine all the material on
>Balazar; most of it translates pretty well. However, I have an
>additional question:
>
>How do people convert Halcyon Var Enkorth? Keep him the relatively
>low (magical) powered individual of the original (proving that
>temporal power can be just as important), or pump him up a la
>Griffin Mountain?

I always thought the rather unimpressive Halcyon in GM was an RQ rules artifact as he is described in text as a powerful individual. An RQ initiate isn't a hotshot, a HQ initiate can certainly be.

I haven't seen the GI stats for him, but perhaps somewhere in the between the two is a good bet?

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams