Re: Quick 'n dirty: The Royal Family of Tarsh

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:37:00 +1300

Erik

>Moirades is an "in-law" to Fazzur.
>- did his sister marry Fazzur or did he marry Fazzur's sister?

         Vostos' last child, a daughter, was born in 1568 and was named
         Harsta. She was a proud and haughty noblewoman, and wed the
         second son of King Phargentes.

http://www.glorantha.com/library/eurmal/personalities-fazzur.html

However KoS describes Moirades as an only son. So I think there has been some family scandal in which the bodies have been buried.

>Pharandros
>- his mother (Moirades' wife) has taken up with a Sartarite pretender
>- who is his mother?
>- who is the pretender?

The mother is Estal Donge and the pretender is Prince Temertain.

Jane:

>But the Tarsh part of CHDP has [Estal] as [Pharandros]
>mother, and the Sartarite part as his sister. Confusing.

I think Estal was trying to hide her relationship with the Tarshite Royal House to avoid shaming them. Because she also looked much younger than she is, many sartarites made an educated guess and came up with a plausible (but not the correct) answer.

I also thought of the theory that after his recall, Fazzur was blackmailing Estal about her relations and at the same time leaking salacious stories about her to the Tarshites in order to discredit Pharandros.

>Also, they get
>confined to the City of Wonders in 1632, but it vanished from the world
>forever in 1624.

A polite fiction. Estal had saved many of Argrath's friends and so to kill her and his son would not have gone down well. At the same time, one doesn't have deposed kings running around or even safely imprisoned. So while Argrath hestitates, humming and hawing, Mularik butchers them and presents Argrath with their heads. A shocked Argrath is forced to announce their exile to a place that nobody can reach.

Erik:

>Fazzur as some point throws over his wife for an Esrolan queen
>- who was his wife?

Queen Hendira of Nochet. However the parallel here is with Antony and Cleopatra.

Jane.

>I'm not sure, but I can tell you that Onjur the Poet is also known as
>"Fazzurson" and so presumably his son.

Onjur is not the son of Queen Hendira. Presumably he goes mad and offs them. He certainly is bloodthirsty given that he slaughtered about a quarter of Furthest when it fell.

--Peter Metcalfe

---