Banned Orlanth worship

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:30:41 -0400

 Hi all. I'm hoping for a quick and dirty answer, which is why this isn't starting out on the digest.

 So if Orlanth worship is banned in occupied Sartar, how does that work? My impression is that worship of most of his subcults continues as worship of separate entries. (After all, people still need magic for the harvest, for plowing, etc. etc.) I would suppose in each case, the version most distant from actually being Orlanth (because he also sort of does everything) is the one encouraged. That's the impression I get from Generally Accepted Tarsh, and I would assume a similar pattern is being used.

But how does this play out to tribal chieftans and things? I suppose Dar isn't too big of a problem, but Orlanth Rex has to be right out. A lot of tribal rulership is tied to Orlanth, so how does that work?

Since I'm doing my Karse thing, I realize that I would need to figure out what they do with the Orlanth worshipers in the city having just freshly conquered it.

(Mind you, I haven't completely given up my idea of Issaries Rex being the rulership cult in Karse, but I'm not sure if that's the right way to go.)

LC