Re: Dragonewts

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:22:13 +1300

Mikko Rintasaari:

>Since the Dragonewts Dream was meant to help Dragonewts take back
>territories they had lost, I'd be interested to hear where this
>succeeded (I only know of Pavis).
>
>How far-reaching was the Dream?

It reached into Dara Happa, or at least north of Tarsh.

>Are the Dragonewts going to be trying this again?

I think the dream was a one-off. King of Sartar p186 mentions a theory that the 'newts were repeating deeds done 1300 years earlier during the First Council (which makes the sightings around Pavis rather interesting) and so I think the region of the dream would have been roughly similar to the region of the World Council of Friends before the battle of Argentium Thi'rile.

>Are they becoming more
>active again, with the arrival of the Hero Wars?

Yes. Or rather some Orlanthi are foolish enough to wake the dragons up to expel the Lunars.

--Peter Metcalfe