Re: Non-Glorantha HeroQuest?

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:44:42 -0000

Sounds interesting - is it Inae, Yemanja, Janaina etcetera, the west African business taken to S. America, or was it not based on 'real'- world mythology?

I personally have been toying with the idea of early colonialism and exploration as a model for a game - particularly the interaction of (African) gods/spirits from one place, monotheist religion from another (European) and spirits from another (Brazil, but perhaps gods from further north). The main problem is that I think it would need to be incredibly brutal to begin to ring true.

Sam.