Questing questions

From: John Galloway <yuskim1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:58:46 -0000

I was thinking about hero quests and their relationships to Myths and a couple of thoughts struck me...

  1. With respect to the discovery of death...

-> 1a) Is there an Eurmal hero quest which allows the quester to
discover something completely new (or at least something known to a very small number of individuals)?

-> 1b) Is there a Humakt hero quest which allows the quester to
acquire something completely new (or at least something that has never been utilised before)?

2) It seems to me that Eurmal's prime power is one of sabotaging, jinxing, or otherwise disrupting events merely by being present. Can this ability (flaw?) be used to confound enemy ceremonies, rituals, and/or hero quests by sneaking Eurmal cultists into such events?

3) Can you bring back 'knowledge' from hero quests onto the God World? I'm not so much talking about returning with new powers, abilities, or attributes but by observing and remembering can you return and relate what you have learned to others? Can you talk to members of 'extinct' races (assuming you know how) and still retain the information that you learned when you return to the mundane world?

Thanks,