Re: Tribal Culture

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:42:37 +0000

John Galloway:

>II) The Torkani tribe is described* as being 'Darkness-worshipping'
>while the people in or around Far Point are 'Sun-worshippers'. What
>is meant by each term? Is it something a simple as replacing Elmal
>with Argan Argar and Yelmalio respectively or is there more to it
>than that?
>(* Dragon Pass: A Gazatteer of Kerofinela, page 38 'Lizardwood Wilds')

The Torkani, at least, are replacing Orlanth with Argan Argar, not just Elmal. That doesn't mean that they don't worship Orlanth - indeed, he's their number three deity, after Argan Argar and Ernalda - but he doesn't have that central role in society that he does in the other Sartarite clans. There's some pretty detailed speculation about what all this means at my website, should you wish to know more.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic