Re: What the Dragon Said

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:50:34 -0000

> >> with
>

> >There's a
> > thing called the Dragonrise due to happen in 1625, when a Dragon
>
> Myself, I rarely answer the players' questions of this sort. It
ruins the
> fun of when they finally see. I always have long-term things

Yah, there are times where the heroes should not know everything going on. But I think if the plan is that they should not be able to know, it is best to just tell this to the narrator. "For the heroes to hear and understand what is said would spoil some of the future story arc. Whether through fear of dragons, inability to understand draconic, or simply need to provide a sudden last minute defense, they should not learn what is communicated between Kallyr and the dragon."

Because assuming anything about player heroes or what they will do is folly--the very nature of player heroes is to be unpredictable! Or to quote someone or other by the initials GS.....""To even think of such a thing would take a type of person who was perhaps untrained, or impious, or liberal-minded, or practical, or perverted, or experimental. Someone like, say, a player character!"

--Bryan