HQ followup for kids?

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 04:12:38 -0000

My ten-year-old just did a short HeroQuest demo for her class, as part of a school assignment. Several kids were interested in playing. The teacher asked me to do a short followup presentation on roleplaying games and provide additional resources for interested kids.

Two questions:

  1. Any suggestions for what to say and/or provide for followup?
  2. Is there anything in the core HeroQuest books that would merit a PG-13 or R-rating if it appeared in the movie theater? I don't want to suggest that kids buy a book and then have their enraged parents come after me with pitchforks. I know that some of the campaign supplements have stuff that's not appropriate for kids, but what about the main HQ book or the player's book?

Thanks for any help,

Rob