RE: Fearing Dragons

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:52:41 -0000

> Yes, that is what it says. You got the quote. But gee, do you
> suppose that Fear Dragons is the ONLY trait that is in EVERY
> Homeland for a reason?

But, as previously pointed out, it isn't. Heortlings seem to have a greater tendency towards it than others.

> Those are the typical traits, what everyone normal has. And
> so I would make all my players have it, because it is what
> everyone has. In my game, and in my Glorantha, everyone fears
> dragons. Why? Because they are unearthly terrible, more
> frightening than can be thought about.

And everyone fears heights, and will be scared if falling from a 10,000 foot drop. Whether they have "fears heights" on their sheet or not. You handle being right next to a mountain-sized dragon with its "scarey 10W5" against your "brave 10W2", not your "fear dragons 17".

> YGWV. Play style, whatever. You have that freeedom. I give it to you.

Picky, I know, but no. We have that freedom. We don't need to be given it. We just object to anyone trying to take it away.