RE: Re: Pregnant Humakti?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:56:22 -0000

> People who have been close to death in our world have a
> greater passion for life IMO and in many accounts. Where
> does it say they all have to be dour, blade obsessed pyschopaths.

"All"? Nowhere. "Most"? Yes. Just read the write-up. Take a look at how normal people view Humakti: "children run screaming, women lock doors, and ordinary farmers look away". OK, so it's only the Disciples who kill plants just by being near them, but even initiates: (p88) "they are Living Death and everyone feels Humakt's presence when they are nearby".

The most common sub-cult is Hu the Sword. Virtues: fatalistic, taciturn.

Yes, of course, there are exceptions. And there's the Hoods philosophy (p106), that agrees with your "greater passion for life" theory - well, "special sensitivity to life" is what it says. Nothing about passion. But the norm, for Humakti, is to be (or to be seen as) a dour, blade-obsessed psychopath, who everyone avoids not just because they're dour, blade-obsessed, and psychopathic, but because they're Death.