Early Vinga

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:29:41 +0000 (GMT)

> Was Vinga in Runequest? I must have missed her.

Not in Official RQ3 that I know of. She was first mentioned in KoS, and all development then happened in the massive gap where nothing Official was happening, but Glorantha was developing by leaps and bounds through fan-published material, mainly Tales.

There were a few versions of a Vinga cult produced, with huge quantities of overlap between them as we all inspired each other. Most were of course based on the RQ model of a city/temple based cult, and any myths associated with them were based on the Orlanthi pantheon as known at the time. I think the "how Vinga became a warrior" myth that made it into HQ was based on one of Dave Dunham's, with some tweaks (rename every deity involved)

The only one that got into hard-copy that I know of was mine, which can still be found on-line (since a lot of RQ players are still using it)

http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/vinga/index.cfm

Trying to find the bits about infertility... http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/vinga/cult_02.cfm (page down a bit)

http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/vinga/cult_04.cfm#initiate

http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/vinga/cult_09.cfm#q3