RE: Re: Obtaining a weapon through Heroquesting, part II

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:43:12 -0000

Mikko:

> But does doing a Godplane quest automatically mean facing
> adverseries in the w6+ range? When I look at the power levels
> of published heroes, it seems that 10w3 is pretty much for a
> sword, and 10w4 would be enough for the Raven Banner. Am I
> totally in the wrong ballpark?

> But aren't the _real_ demigods beings in the 10w3 - 10w5
> range? This is exactly the power-range I was working on?

> But if a Godplane quest automatically goes into the w9 range
> then I don't really see how anybody else than the Red
> Emperor, or a similar person embodying millions can do it.
> Even for a minor effect, like the one I'm shooting for.

If all else fails, check the sources...

(yes, I'm fascinated, too, I'd always assumed Gods were *much* higher powered than that.)

HQ p 274, sample resistances.

Clan god: 10W3
Small city god: 10W4
Petty god: 10W4
Minor god: 10W6
God: 10W8
Great God: 10W8 to 10W12

Going by previous discussion, those numbers are *after* augments have been added (and if we want to re-open that one, we probably ought to change list?)

In this case I believe we were looking at one of Telmor's pups?

Anaxial, p98.
Hrongar, Telmori spirit wolf. One of the pups of Telmor. Might: 10W4. In combat, Bite 18W3, and a few other abilities that should augment him by about 10 or so.

OTOH Humakt himself is at least in the 10W8 range, probably higher, and I agree that the poor little puppy didn't have much of a chance.

So there's your numbers, and I agree that a W4 opponent should be reachable by a determined and prepared *group* of heroes.

It sounds as if there's some significant distinction between HeroPlane and God Plane that isn't based on numbers, and that I at least am missing? Also some default assumptions about which plane published HQs are on? After all, there's also "practise quest" level to consider, and you do get magic powers back even down there.