Re: Lunar Bureaus in Sartar Cities

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:54:55 -0000

> >2) Boldhome King Temertain and Telmori
> >Jeff Richard answered me this question, but how about their
loyalty
> >to the Puppet King? One of us remembered that telmori bodyguards
> >were taken family as hostages by Lunars....Or are they truly
> >faithful to Sartar's blood as old king Kostajor?
> Since Temertain relies on Lunar bodyguards, it's apparent that
> he doesn't have any Telmori support. The reasons for this are
> unknown but the following are possible:
> - the Telmori may not consider Temertain to have
> proven himself to be the Real Prince
> - the Telmori would follow Temertain if he asked but
> Temertain is too frightened to enter the wolves
> den.

I'd go with Peter's second suggestion. In our Seattle Farmers campaign, the Telmori are fiercely loyal to Temertain. However, Temertain fears the Telmori, treats them with contempt and prefers to rely on Lunar bodyguards. Then again, even Temertain's Orlanthi advisors (who all died during the Bellowers' Day fiasco, or were dismissed from his service in the aftermath) distrusted the Telmori and kept them away from Temertain and the Royal Palace whenever possible.

Jeff