Re: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:57:18 +1200

At 08:09 AM 6/21/2005 -0700, you wrote:

> > This isn't how glorantha works - belief and
> > heroquests do not make reality.

>That is a really serious statement about a game where
>all the documentation is in story form,

Not all documentation is not in story form.

>there's two or
>three different systems that still don't work
>together,

Which are not created by belief.

>where some people have secret knowledge

Namely?

>and
>we need errata just to make sure the people who wrote
>the stories get credit.

Which has nothing to do with the nature of belief or reality in glorantha.

>I've been under the impression all this time that
>Glorantha is different than Greyhawk because belief IS
>what matters here. That reality is fluid and things
>change because of the deeds and stories of heroic
>people.

Belief does matter but reality (making two different gods the same, changing history) is not subject to Heroquesting and so belief does not make reality.

--Peter Metcalfe