changing reality

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:51:49 -0700 (PDT)

Well I appreciate your time on this list and the effort you put into it. I just have a hard time getting my head around how we all could have made such a collective blunder.

> - be used to rewrite history (Glorantha simply
> isn't that type of world whether you like
> it
> or not)

Now wait a second. What about all of that instruction to 'Stay Away from the Green Age' stuff. If you go back to the Green Age and change something, you end up making enemies for your entire tribe. Because of what you did in your past. When you Heroquest you meet people from the past, present and future. That doesn't change history at all?

> - be used to make two distinct gods the same
> (which again hasn't happened in glorantha
> and when the God Learners tried it, they
> failed).

Sure, they failed, but it was least conceived of. Their failure may have had more to do with who they were than the nature of reality.

> In my knowledge of past heroquests, I cannot
> think of a single canonical (or even near-canonical)
> example in which people quested to change reality.
> There have been quests to bring back the Sun, raise
> Dragons, stop droughts, kill people, create a
> flaming
> sea, create a new planet but none of these rise
> to the level of changing reality along the lines of
> the
> three statements made above.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

I guess all of these things seem like changing reality to us as well, so the others are not so far off. I mean, after all, they did create a god or two. From scratch. If gods can be created from nothing (by a Comittee no less) than it didn't seem very strange that they might be merged or melded by the power of heros.

t.

Yahoo! Sports
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com